First of all I have to tell you: I don’t learn from my mistakes.
Brain: “Let’s make something quick and easy, Zhe!”
Hands: “Of course! How about this strange thing to contain other strange things to put on the shelf with the previous strange things we’ve made? And let’s cover ourselves in glue and paint, yay!”
So i’ve decided to reuse my old hand cream jar. Here it is.
It’s finally friday – I mean Fri-DIY! 🙂 Guess you see now what I’ve decided to make my weekly feature – Do-It-Yourself project! Cute and useful out of old and needless – what can be better? Hey, people on Pinterest do that all the time!
When I was making handmade greeting cards I’d always worshiped the principle: Handmade Doesn’t Have to Be Neat! It’s not really important for lines to be straight – the soul and charm of the thing made with your hands is what important. That seemed just a principle then – but now I can see clearly: I’m just not capable of neatness. So welcome to the world of MESSY HANDMADE!))) You can Do It Yourself – but Do You Dare?! 😉
However everything looked very promising from the start.
…well, it started two days ago but whatever) Point is, now it’s time to make some New Year Resolutions! First time for me: lots of expectations, ideas and plans but still no confidence that I’ll manage to do anything of that list at all) But hollow promises – that’s what NYR are for – so let’s do it!
- I’ll work on my stock portfolios very hard – and I mean it! Analysis, themed sets, templates and uploading tricks – I want to do it all. Still have no clue how to do it properly, but I know that it should be my No.1 priority, so wish me luck 🙂
- No working on my commissions under the wire! Yeap, last night before deadline – is a wonderful inspirational time, but I really have to work on my schedule: most of the time not sleeping at night sucks.
- And more about my schedule… well, there has to be one 🙂 At least particular days for particular spheres of my work – except for Commission Hell Days, of course *that special time I can only think of deadlines and satisfied clients*
- There are some handmade ideas I want to carry out. It’s a secret, so no more comments)
- I will READ BOOKS. Sounds pathetic – I do read books sometimes – but I definitely have to read more. Guess it’s time to make a nice what-to-read list on goodreads (54 friends there and zero “books read” in profile – well, that is pathetic))
- I’ll write this blog! Well, that’s the toughest one) Usually I start a blog and forget about in two or three weeks – but I truly hope this one will last. I’m enrolling in “Blogging 101: Zero to Hero” course in two days so at least for three weeks my conscience won’t let me give up this place – that could be a record 🙂
Guess that will do for now – no point in making too many hollow promises at once 😉 So before I decide to make any changes to the NYR list I’d better go and have some dinner – because the world is a much better place when there are sandwiches in it!
Happy holidays and stay Ho-ho-ho!